Quotes

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
Batman Begins (2005)
Thanks for stopping by!!!!

My Architect

Kalyanaraman S.
30 March 1915 - 25 Jan 2010.
R I P.

Its been a roller coaster ride since u reached the greatest of abodes.
But all this time,
u have stood by my side,
patted me to be bold and
carried me through the rough patches.

My time

Quotes Collection



வீரம்னா என்னனு தெரியுமா? பயம் இல்லாதது மாதிரி
நடிக்கிறது. 
Dr Kamal Haasan 

ஒனாய இருந்து
பார்த்தாதான் தெரியும் அதோட ந்யாயம் என்னனு!!!
Dr Kamal Haasan 

நீ வாழ்கைய ரசிச்சுட்டு இருக்க. நா அத தேடிட்டு இருக்கேன்.
anonymous

நீங்கலம் ஜைக்கனும்கரத மூளைல வெச்சுக்கிட்டு, இப்படித்தான் ஜெயிக்கணும்னு மனசுல வைக்கறீங்க, அதுக்கு பதில்லா, ஜைக்கனும்கரத மனசுல வெச்சுட்டு எப்படி ஜெயிக்கணும்னு மூளைல வைங்க. 
Moive: Ninaithale Innikum(2009)

ஒரு தப்புக்கு இன்னொரு தப்பு சரி ஆகாது.
Moive: Ninaithale Innikum(2009)

மறதி இந்த தேசத்தோட வியாதியா போச்சு
Moive: Unnai Pol Oruvan(2009)

கடவுள் இல்லன்னு எப்போ சொன்னேன்? அப்படி ஒருத்தர் இருந்தா தேவலாம்னு தானே சொன்னேன்
Dr Kamal Hassan,Dasavatharam


ஓடும் காலங்கள் உடன் ஓடும் நினைவுகள் வழி மாறும் பயணங்கள் தொடர்கிறதே. இதுதான் வாழ்கையா?
Selvaraghavan (Malai neram - Ayirathil oruvan - 2010)



இரவல் தந்தவன் கேட்கின்றான் அதை இல்லையென்றால் அவன் விடுவானா?
உறவைச் சொல்லி அழுவதனாலே உயிரை மீண்டும் தருவானா?

kannadasan

அழுவதும் சிரிப்பதும் உன் வேலை
நடப்பவை நடக்கட்டும் அவன் லீலை

Ayirathil Oruvan (2010)


அடி தேக்கு மர காடு பெருசுதான்
சின்ன தீக்குச்சி உசரம் சிறுசு தான்...
ஒரு தீக்குச்சி விழுந்து புடிக்குதுடி
கருந்தேக்கு மரக்காடு வெடிக்குதடி

Vairamuthu (Raavanan 2010)



உனக்கு அம்மானா புடிக்குமா?
அம்மானா யாருக்குதான் புடிக்காது,
பூனை நாய்க்கு கூடத்தான் புடிக்கும்.

Balakumaran (Pudupettai)

தண்ணீர் குடத்தில் பிறக்கிறோம்
தண்ணீர் கரையில் முடிக்கிறோம்

Vairamuthu (Rythm)


Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Getting to know

Chicago, for the first few days, was quite fun. The minute i landed here, smokes came out of my mouth and nostrils, whenever i opened my mouth or breathed heavily. I had watched many hollywood movies and with our friend we have tried out many similar things in ooty and kodai, but all in vain. But here the minute i opened my mouth a white envelope clouded my face and my glasses became blurred.

Keeping right is one thing that i found very difficult to get accustomed to....eventually i had to, i kept finding myself uttering sorry and many excuse-me fell in my ears. So sort of keeping left is becoming an out of law thing. The second day, when i started for office, i was all ready...neatly dressed, with my laptop in my backpack sitting alongside my lunch box, neatly polished boots. I had never looked so perfect. My room mate stared at me for few seconds, when i was trying to open the door..."hare yaar, what are u doing?", was his question and he smiled. "Me about to go to office", a simple reply...."This is not your chennai, wear the jacket". Ya then only i realized, i need to wear this extra luggage on me :(:(

The one thing that was really bothering me like hell was the usage of papers....Nope not the hindu or dina-thanthi....I am talking about the tissue papers that are used to wipe our ass clean. I dont really feel like completely cleansed...ya what to do....so i always made it a point to take my bath after the happy pooh-pooh time :):)

I really miss chennai for one particular reason. Transportation. It sucks here. Everyone has their own car.....No manja color autos/the MTC buses which carry a special smell along with them. Most shops close down by 6 in the evening and u really get to do nothing after u come back from office. Cooking has been well taken care of by my room mate. His duty is to cook good food, mine is to clear the dishes and ours is to clear the cooked food no matter how bad it is.


The widely talked about jet-lags....I had often wondered how could people get affected by it....just skip a sleep...and everyhting would be in place....that really crushed me for the first one week...i was unable to work, sleep....ya what else...even could not time the pooh-pooh well :):)

Now, i have almost crossed 3 weeks and its gonna be summer soon......

2 comments:

yD said...

Move around a little bit :)
Evenings in Chicago should be great. Rent a car or something :P. Travel on the Metra as far as you can just for the heck of it. See the place man!

Anonymous said...

Shankara,
Why not a basketball game or some american football da...Chicago bulls is a ok team .....
Stop behaving like a Indian software engineer ...
At least visit Sears towers da

Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.