Quotes

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
Batman Begins (2005)
Thanks for stopping by!!!!

My Architect

Kalyanaraman S.
30 March 1915 - 25 Jan 2010.
R I P.

Its been a roller coaster ride since u reached the greatest of abodes.
But all this time,
u have stood by my side,
patted me to be bold and
carried me through the rough patches.

My time

Quotes Collection



வீரம்னா என்னனு தெரியுமா? பயம் இல்லாதது மாதிரி
நடிக்கிறது. 
Dr Kamal Haasan 

ஒனாய இருந்து
பார்த்தாதான் தெரியும் அதோட ந்யாயம் என்னனு!!!
Dr Kamal Haasan 

நீ வாழ்கைய ரசிச்சுட்டு இருக்க. நா அத தேடிட்டு இருக்கேன்.
anonymous

நீங்கலம் ஜைக்கனும்கரத மூளைல வெச்சுக்கிட்டு, இப்படித்தான் ஜெயிக்கணும்னு மனசுல வைக்கறீங்க, அதுக்கு பதில்லா, ஜைக்கனும்கரத மனசுல வெச்சுட்டு எப்படி ஜெயிக்கணும்னு மூளைல வைங்க. 
Moive: Ninaithale Innikum(2009)

ஒரு தப்புக்கு இன்னொரு தப்பு சரி ஆகாது.
Moive: Ninaithale Innikum(2009)

மறதி இந்த தேசத்தோட வியாதியா போச்சு
Moive: Unnai Pol Oruvan(2009)

கடவுள் இல்லன்னு எப்போ சொன்னேன்? அப்படி ஒருத்தர் இருந்தா தேவலாம்னு தானே சொன்னேன்
Dr Kamal Hassan,Dasavatharam


ஓடும் காலங்கள் உடன் ஓடும் நினைவுகள் வழி மாறும் பயணங்கள் தொடர்கிறதே. இதுதான் வாழ்கையா?
Selvaraghavan (Malai neram - Ayirathil oruvan - 2010)



இரவல் தந்தவன் கேட்கின்றான் அதை இல்லையென்றால் அவன் விடுவானா?
உறவைச் சொல்லி அழுவதனாலே உயிரை மீண்டும் தருவானா?

kannadasan

அழுவதும் சிரிப்பதும் உன் வேலை
நடப்பவை நடக்கட்டும் அவன் லீலை

Ayirathil Oruvan (2010)


அடி தேக்கு மர காடு பெருசுதான்
சின்ன தீக்குச்சி உசரம் சிறுசு தான்...
ஒரு தீக்குச்சி விழுந்து புடிக்குதுடி
கருந்தேக்கு மரக்காடு வெடிக்குதடி

Vairamuthu (Raavanan 2010)



உனக்கு அம்மானா புடிக்குமா?
அம்மானா யாருக்குதான் புடிக்காது,
பூனை நாய்க்கு கூடத்தான் புடிக்கும்.

Balakumaran (Pudupettai)

தண்ணீர் குடத்தில் பிறக்கிறோம்
தண்ணீர் கரையில் முடிக்கிறோம்

Vairamuthu (Rythm)


Friday, November 5, 2010

Down the diwali lane....

Of all the festivals, Diwali is something special to me. This was the festival which made me to freak out when i was a kid, a festival which i awaited eagerly each year as i grew up and a festival which i lost interest in during my college days, a festival which i expect will be the way i want it next year......

When i was doing my 5 or 6th grade i really enjoyed the diwali. My dad never said no to any of my claims, be it dresses, sweets, or crackers. I bought crackers for 6-7k each year. That means buying crackers for 25-30k in today's market. Sweets were always taken care by my mom and granny in our home. They always were good. The first year when i was done with all the crackers which i bought, i was told a story by my granddad.

A story which was centered around an infant. This infant cried at such an high pitch that the entire street could hear whenever there was a cracker burst somewhere nearby. As time flew by, the infant grew and when he was a kid of 10, he bought a large amount of crackers and emptied them. It did not take me much time to realize that it was me. As time flew by, the interest in the Diwali dhamaka started to decrease rapidly. When i entered college, diwali was just another day of holiday, with a lot of entertainment on tv and ofcourse a lot to eat :)

As i moved to hostel, the fear of having to part with my room mates and other friends during such times really bothered me a lot, a call during each diwali with all my room mates always proved to be fun. After i came to work, for some reason or the other i did not really enjoy my diwali. This year far away from home, i am near a home, yet i have the office work to do.

At this moment my heart goes out to my best friend in my life, who has not experienced a good diwali since childhood, and has only heard others' experience to understand what a diwali is. This year too is no different for that person......

Next year, few of my friends will be hard to contact, for they would have committed a great sin called marriage, they will be busy with their own work....

A special thanks to people who made each of my diwali unique in some or the other way. A special thanks to my dad/mom for allowing to me taste the diwali, the way i wanted.

To conclude, wishing you all a very happy diwali, let the festival of lights enlighten your life and bring more prosperity


Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.