Quotes

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
Batman Begins (2005)
Thanks for stopping by!!!!

My Architect

Kalyanaraman S.
30 March 1915 - 25 Jan 2010.
R I P.

Its been a roller coaster ride since u reached the greatest of abodes.
But all this time,
u have stood by my side,
patted me to be bold and
carried me through the rough patches.

My time

Quotes Collection



வீரம்னா என்னனு தெரியுமா? பயம் இல்லாதது மாதிரி
நடிக்கிறது. 
Dr Kamal Haasan 

ஒனாய இருந்து
பார்த்தாதான் தெரியும் அதோட ந்யாயம் என்னனு!!!
Dr Kamal Haasan 

நீ வாழ்கைய ரசிச்சுட்டு இருக்க. நா அத தேடிட்டு இருக்கேன்.
anonymous

நீங்கலம் ஜைக்கனும்கரத மூளைல வெச்சுக்கிட்டு, இப்படித்தான் ஜெயிக்கணும்னு மனசுல வைக்கறீங்க, அதுக்கு பதில்லா, ஜைக்கனும்கரத மனசுல வெச்சுட்டு எப்படி ஜெயிக்கணும்னு மூளைல வைங்க. 
Moive: Ninaithale Innikum(2009)

ஒரு தப்புக்கு இன்னொரு தப்பு சரி ஆகாது.
Moive: Ninaithale Innikum(2009)

மறதி இந்த தேசத்தோட வியாதியா போச்சு
Moive: Unnai Pol Oruvan(2009)

கடவுள் இல்லன்னு எப்போ சொன்னேன்? அப்படி ஒருத்தர் இருந்தா தேவலாம்னு தானே சொன்னேன்
Dr Kamal Hassan,Dasavatharam


ஓடும் காலங்கள் உடன் ஓடும் நினைவுகள் வழி மாறும் பயணங்கள் தொடர்கிறதே. இதுதான் வாழ்கையா?
Selvaraghavan (Malai neram - Ayirathil oruvan - 2010)



இரவல் தந்தவன் கேட்கின்றான் அதை இல்லையென்றால் அவன் விடுவானா?
உறவைச் சொல்லி அழுவதனாலே உயிரை மீண்டும் தருவானா?

kannadasan

அழுவதும் சிரிப்பதும் உன் வேலை
நடப்பவை நடக்கட்டும் அவன் லீலை

Ayirathil Oruvan (2010)


அடி தேக்கு மர காடு பெருசுதான்
சின்ன தீக்குச்சி உசரம் சிறுசு தான்...
ஒரு தீக்குச்சி விழுந்து புடிக்குதுடி
கருந்தேக்கு மரக்காடு வெடிக்குதடி

Vairamuthu (Raavanan 2010)



உனக்கு அம்மானா புடிக்குமா?
அம்மானா யாருக்குதான் புடிக்காது,
பூனை நாய்க்கு கூடத்தான் புடிக்கும்.

Balakumaran (Pudupettai)

தண்ணீர் குடத்தில் பிறக்கிறோம்
தண்ணீர் கரையில் முடிக்கிறோம்

Vairamuthu (Rythm)


Thursday, November 25, 2010

Children’s day

meant a fancy dress competition in SAV. More than me, it seemed my mom and sis were expecting this very day since the start of the year. Every year they used to contemplate and come out with some interesting character, get the dialogues for the character and also the dress, and put me in hell lot of trouble to dress and enact the way they had originally envisioned Sad smile.

While I was at Rockfort, for the fancy dress competition it was not necessary that the student must deliver any dialogue at all. All that was required was some B-E-A-utiful dress, which will enable the audience to understand whom/what you are trying to portray, stand before the judges, pose for a photograph and leave Smile with tongue out 

 

Thinking about it now, it makes more sense as to why they call it ‘fancy dress competition’. Here in SAV, I had to talk with actions, or rather enact the character which was damn new to me. I did VaVuSee, Ovvayar and the last eligible year it was Draupadi. While the first two fetched me 1st places, the last one, I was not at all interested. Doing draupadi meant, getting myself less dignified among my friends, and coz of that I spoiled the enacting part.

Over these years there had been a pair of eyes that had been monitoring me. I was taken grated by those pair of eyes and from then on I did some role in all of her shows for each year’s school annual day. She was instrumental in getting my histrionics shaped well, for it involved not just delivering dialogues, it thought about nuances of acting, singing, how powerful words can be with expression and how beautiful silence is. Every year she would put me in some character, whether small or big, was not at all my problem. All I cared was my classed getting cut Winking smile

The final piece of glory came to me when She decide to caste me in a main role while I wan in 9th grade in Meera Bhai. That was pivotal in making many heads turn my side. The performance was classic, and I owe it to her till date. She did take so much pain to get me there.

 

A place in that little stage, which altered many equations over the years….I always owe her one, and not a day has passed without thanking her.  When I said ‘not a day’, YES I meant it. I am always indebted to Mrs Veeramani.

 

Many times my best friends had asked me, how I could just act anything (in life)……well here is the answer to it…..Saga continues…..

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.